The Report consists of nine distinct chapters, each one consisting of the most recent developments in the energy sector:
- Chapter 1 examines the Country Profile of Greece by analyzing and providing its key demographic, macroeconomic, and Greenhouse gas emissions statistics, compared with those of the EU, coupled with an analysis of the recent energy crisis and inflation effects.
- Chapter 2 illustrates the EU’s and Greece’s new strategies, policies, and objectives as they move towards Energy Transition, with particular emphasis on the EU’s dependence on critical raw materials and their role in the clean energy supply chain.
- Chapter 3 analyzes the Electricity sector, outlining various issues concerning prices, generation, demand, capacities, imports, exports, and RES share. The remarkable variations in electricity prices on the Greek Market are highlighted as well as the RES contribution in electricity production of the Non-Interconnected Islands.
- Chapter 4 focuses on the considerable contribution of RES to the Greek energy system, by providing the most up-to-date information on license procedure, market analysis, and updates regarding the share of RES penetration in comparison to the EU progress.
- Chapter 5 explores Natural Gas market in the aftermath of Russia’s invasion in Ukraine and assesses the EU's and Greece's response to reduce their dependence on Russian gas and diversify the gas supply. Special focus is given to the LNG’s significant growth in imports as well as in capacity additions.
- Chapter 6 focuses on the Oil and Refining market, which maintains a vital role in the Greek energy market as it remains intertwined with key economic sectors.
- Chapter 7 provides a comprehensive analysis on the Energy Efficiency in Greece, spotlighting the country's progress in achieving all its objectives as well as the energy-related projections and "new targets". Also, featured are the new energy-saving programs.
- Chapter 8 addresses current energy investment trends in Greece and internationally. This chapter covers clean energy technologies, R&D investments in renewable energy sources, and sustainable investments as presented in ESG indices.
- Chapter 9 focuses on the growth of PPA’s contracted volumes and disclosed capacities in the EU and the Member States. Besides, the potential PPA market and the recently signed PPAs in Greece are also presented.
The 2023 edition is now available exclusively to HAEE Members.
Download the full Report -->